What do you have in store for your life today?

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Is Almost Over

Summer is almost over so it is time for me to start thinking seriously about my Kindergarten classroom.  I am moving grade levels this year and moving to a new building.  I am very excited and nervous at the same time.  I went to Goodwill the other day and scored 5 pillows and 3 pillow shams.  I plan on using these for my window seat that I am going to create in my classroom.  These should be a nice addition.


I had a little help from Sadie.  She felt the need to inspect my haul.  I think she approves.


Sunday is our relax and do nothing day.  We usually have movie marathons, but lately there hasn't been any good movies out.  We ended up renting The Adjustment Bureau from Redbox.  It was okay.  I thought it was long.  I usually am knitting or crocheting while watching TV and movies.  Here is my next project that I am working on.  I love these colors.



 I have also been working on curtains for my classroom.  Man, this is a lot of fabric.  I have a window that is 8 feet wide.  I am just making a valence for the window.  I love this fabric.

  
 

I added large ric-rac to the bottom of the curtain. 

 
Here is the finished.  Can't wait to get it hung up.


I also have bookshelves that are mounted on the wall that I want to cover.  So, more curtains. I sewed the valence right onto the curtain.  This will make it easier for me to hang it.


Look at how cute this little horse is.


The little guy driving a car!


 Ah, how cute is this butterfly?


The little flowers.


Last but not least, the happy little sunshine.



Donna

1 comment:

  1. This summer has flown by! It has been so hot and the mosquitos this year have been so bad!

    ReplyDelete