What do you have in store for your life today?

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yard Work

We have been working madly in our yard for the past few weekends. We don't have much space, but would really like to have a garden. We are creating raised bed gardening in our yard. I told my husband if we do this then it has to look nice. We went to our friendly Lowe's and purchased cedar 2x4s and 2x6s to create our raised gardens. This is what we have created so far. After pictures will soon arrive.


In this bed we have 2 Boysenberry, 1 Raspberry and 1 Blackberry bush. I am really excited to see if I will get enough harvest off of the to make jelly.

The longer bed I plan on planting my tomatoes, jalapeno peppers and green peppers.
In the shorter bed I plan on putting the onions and garlic.


These beds I am really excited about. The bed in the back I plan on putting Swiss Chard and Cucumbers in the back to climb up the fence. The bed in the middle will have lettuce, watermelon, cantaloupe and a small space for squash. Then the long skinny bed will have Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Beans and Strawberries.




Happy Spring Planting
Donna
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment