What do you have in store for your life today?

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Did It!

Well I finally did it. I knit up a pair of sock that fit my feet like a pair of gloves. I love them. I took a class at my LYS called Mathematical Socks. In this class the instructor showed us how and where to measure our feet to make socks for ourselves. We also learned how important it is to make a gauge swatch. I know, I know it is time consuming! I will be the first to admit I have never, except on the Lady's February Sweater, done a gauge swatch. I didn't ever want to take the time to do it. Now I set back and think about how many things I have made didn't come out quite like I wanted them to or they didn't fit right. Well, the answer is because I didn't make gauge. I am vowing from now on to make a gauge swatch before starting any projects. There I said it. I feel better now.






Donna
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment